Velvet Machine is a unique audio effect based on real-time convolution with enveloped velvet noise. Here is what it can do:
- Stretch and blur out even short sounds to lengths of up to 10 seconds
- Produce reverb-like textures with flexible volume envelope (including reverse, fading in and out, pulsating etc.)
- Work as a variable density random multi-tap delay (bordering on granular-like sounds)
Note: Velvet Machine is a CPU-intensive effect. A minimum of 5th Gen iPad, iPhone 6s or 1st Gen iPhone SE is required to run a single instance at maximum settings. With shorter times and/or lower densities CPU use is proportionally lower, but can still be relatively high.
Velvet Machine includes a functional standalone app, however it’s mainly intended to be used as an AUv3 plugin app extension in a host app such as GarageBand, AUM, Cubasis and others. It does not support the now deprecated Inter-App Audio.
- Flexible volume envelope with arbitrary number of segments and curvature
- Effect time ranging from 100 ms to 10 s
- Response density adjustable from 1 to 2000 repeats per second
- Predelay up to 500 ms
- High cut and low cut filters for the effected signal
- Mix adjustable from 100% dry to 100% wet with no dry signal
- Mix Lock to switch presets while keeping the dry/wet mix constant
- 20+ factory presets to get you started